Alluvia Technology (Patent Pending)
The Alluvia is a consumable/instrument system that dilutes and transfers a sample from a single PCR tube into a 96-well qPCR plate or tube strip, which are ready for subsequent qPCR.
Integrate Alluvia with existing qPCR workflows to achieve the advantages of using multiplex 2-step PCR while eliminating the related DNA carryover contamination risk:
Advantages of 2-Step PCR:
- Improves sensitivity, particularly when using precious samples, by multiplexing during the first step (less total sample needed);
- Improves specificity when using a second pair of nested primers.
Alluvia provides Consumable-Based PCR Product Containment:
- Biochemical methods are often not sufficient (i.e. uracil/UNG is useful for only one round of 2-step PCR, and ineffective for methylation detection when utilizing bisulfite treatment);
- Facility and workflow-based containment strategies are cumbersome, costly, user dependent, and failure prone.
- qPCR-based Gene Expression
- DNA Methylation Analysis;
- Pathogen DNA Detection.