A consumable / instrument system to dilute and transfer first step PCR products from single PCR tube into multiple second step PCR wells for subsequent qPCR and/or gel electrophoresis while providing continuous sample containment.
- Eliminates PCR contamination risks;
- Integrates with existing qPCR and Gel electrophoresis workflows;
- Integrates with common lab equipment and consumables.
Advantages and Benefits of the Alluvia System:
Enables 2-Step Multiplexed Nested PCR, which:
- Improves sensitivity, particularly when using precious samples, by high multiplexing during the first step (less total sample needed);
- Improves specificity by using a second pair of nested primers during the second step.
Provides Consumable-Based PCR Product Containment, when:
- Biochemical methods are not sufficient (i.e. uracil/UNG is useful for only one round of 2-step PCR, and ineffective for methylation detection when utilizing bisulfite treatment);
- Facility and workflow-based containment strategies are cumbersome, costly, and failure prone.
- DNA Methylation Analysis;
- Pathogen Detection;
- Model Cell Free DNA System.